Make Your Gift Go Even Further At No Extra Cost To You
The gift aid scheme allows CUF to reclaim the basic rate of tax on a gift made by a UK taxpayer, increassing the value of your gift at no extra cost to you. For example, if you are a basic rate taxpayer and you make a gift of £10 to CUF, we can claim back £2.50 in gift aid, incresing the value the value of your gift to £12.50.
How To Claim Gift Aid
To make a gift aid declaration you need to be a UK tax payer, and for CUF make a gift aid declration on your gift we need your full name and home address.
Are You A Higher Rate Taxpayer?
Did you know that if you pay a higher rate of income tax you could be entitled to a tax rebate on your donations to CUF and other charities? This is worth the difference between the basic rate of tax and your higher rate.
- So, for example, you make a donation of £1,000.
- CUF is able to claim gift aid of £250.
- Increasing the value of your gift to £1,250.
- You can claim 20% on this gift aided donation of £1,250 resulting in a rebate of £250.
- You could then use this rebate of £250 to off-set your original donation, or consider donating it to CUF to increase the value of your gift to £1,500.
How To Claim Your Rebate And Donate It To CUF
If you complete your own self-assessment, declare the net amount (the actual value of your donations) on your tax return. You can contact us at any time if you would like a statement of your donations, or if you complete your self-assessement online you can donate any rebate directly to CUF (registered charity no: 297483)
If you complete your self-assessement on paper and would like the rebate to come to CUF, fill in the SA100 Charity Form and complete our charity details in the 'Any other information' box.
CUF Pop Up final (www2.cuf.org.uk/lookup-tool)