Make Your Gift Go Even Further At No Extra Cost To You
The gift aid scheme allows CUF to reclaim the basic rate of tax on a gift made by a UK taxpayer, increassing the value of your gift at no extra cost to you. For example, if you are a basic rate taxpayer and you make a gift of £10 to CUF, we can claim back £2.50 in gift aid, incresing the value the value of your gift to £12.50.
How To Claim Gift Aid
To make a gift aid declaration you need to be a UK tax payer, and for CUF make a gift aid declration on your gift we need your full name and home address.
Are You A Higher Rate Taxpayer?
Did you know that if you pay a higher rate of income tax you could be entitled to a tax rebate on your donations to CUF and other charities? This is worth the difference between the basic rate of tax and your higher rate.
- So, for example, you make a donation of £1,000.
- CUF is able to claim gift aid of £250.
- Increasing the value of your gift to £1,250.
- You can claim 20% on this gift aided donation of £1,250 resulting in a rebate of £250.
- You could then use this rebate of £250 to off-set your original donation, or consider donating it to CUF to increase the value of your gift to £1,500.