If you, with your church, wish to get more involved in helping to transform lives and communities around the country, raising funds for CUF, through your church is a great way to help.
Interested in requesting a speaker for your church or group? Use this form to get started
St PETER & St PAUL, FENSTANTON, CAMBRIDGESHIRE
St Peter & St Paul, in Fenstanton, Cambridgeshire, elected Church Urban Fund as their charity of the year.
Julia, charity co-ordinator for the church said, ‘There’s a whole world of people out there who aren’t as fortunate as us and it’s good to show what we can do.’
Over the year, the church organised a number of fundraising activities including:
- Sponsored bike ride to a Together Network project
- Lent, Harvest and Advent lunches
- Poetry evening
- Harvest auction
- Food bank collection
- Advent Sleepout Challenge
Watch this short film of how St Peter & St Paul’s supported CUF.
If your church would like to support CUF for the year, a month, or a particular church season contact our team on email@example.com or 0207 898 1649.
Would you like to speak for us?
Church Urban Fund is looking for skilled speakers and presenters to raise awareness and understanding of poverty in England. We need volunteers to engage with churches across the country and encourage them to support Church Urban Fund, and the projects we support, through financial giving, action and prayer. This is an exciting opportunity to live out the gospel teaching to love our neighbour and to use your gifts to inspire churches and individuals into action. Together we can make a difference, transforming the lives of those affected by poverty and inequality.
Who are Church Urban Fund Speakers?
CUF voluntary speakers are good communicators with a heart for the poor and the willingness to speak on Church Urban Fund’s behalf. Experience of living or working in a more deprived area is not essential, but you will need a passion for tackling poverty and inequality in England.
This may include:
- Licensed lay readers and ministers
- Retired clergy
- Non-stipendiary ministers
- Individual Church members
What is involved?
Preaching – speaking and preaching at church services about the issues of poverty and the work of Church Urban Fund.
Presenting – at other church events and local meetings.
Praying – leading prayer groups and praying individually for the work of Church Urban Fund and the projects we support.
You can get involved as little or as much as you’d like. Whatever you can offer will make a difference.
How does it work?
Church Urban Fund will:
- Coordinate regional speaking requests and allocate the nearest voluntary speaker
- Run a speaker training workshop in your region
- Provide outline talks, sermons and presentations for use in a variety of settings
- Cover out-of-pocket expenses
- Offer support via regular briefings and contact, with opportunities to meet regionally as a network to discuss issues and provide feedback
- Organise project visits so you can be inspired by the work that is made possible with the support of Church Urban Fund
Got questions? Email Rhea firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 020 7898 1452
Speak out for Social Action & Social Change!