Prayer is an invaluable form of support. We believe that prayer can bring change, and by praying for and with the people involved in changing communities, you become a vital part of the change process.
Please join with us in praying for community projects and the people involved.
Maxlife Youth Project, Hull
Maxlife - based in Kingston Wesley Methodist Church - is all about helping young people reach their potential. Starting out with a drop-in for young people hanging about in the nearby car park, today 25 young people attend regularly, taking part in all sorts of sport and art activities.
- Pray for the young people, that they are able to use the confidence and skills they gain to improve their life chances and those of others.
- Pray for the relationship between Maxlife and Kingston Wesley Methodist Church to be harmonious.
- Pray for the team to be responsive to the changing needs of the young people it serves.
The Alternatives Trust - Newham, East London
The Alternatives Trust supports women facing unplanned pregnancy, and young mothers who are bringing up children without the support of family. Many of the women have been trafficked, raped, abused or rejected by their partners or families.
- Pray for the women who are helped by the project, that they find hope and a positive way forward when they feel that their situations are impossible.
- Pray for the staff and volunteers, who are often working in stressful situations, that they find harmony.
- Pray for Julia, the project manager, and give thanks for her heart for the women she supports.
Ask for God's blessing on the team and the project, and pray that the Alternatives Trust will be accepted by other agencies while distinctive in its Christian values and love.
Bandywood Families Project - St Mark's church centre, Kingstanding, Birmingham
Bandywood Familes Project is a community project that provides a wide range of support services including employment training, parenting skills advice and toddler groups.
- Pray for Tracy, the senior Family Link Worker, as she oversees the expansion of the project's parenting support work following the award of a government grant.
- Pray for Keith, who has been the Community Development Officer for the past six years and oversees the project, that his energy and enthusiasm are renewed and that he has opportunities to rest.
- Give thanks for the project's good links with the community. The projects courses are well attended and respected by the local council, and a number of people from the community have offered to volunteer and have started attending the church.
- Pray for people doing the employment training sessions, that they will quickly find jobs.